Researching /Tips: Skin after fast weight loss

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
freetime
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 3695
Registration date : 2011-09-30

PostSubject: Researching /Tips: Skin after fast weight loss   Wed Jul 18 2012, 13:24

I thought my family ring could pull together on research as well as our experiences:
Tried- Success/Failed products and process.
Please add what you have tried and weather it is succssful or failed as well as Internet research for everyone to learn. I suggest to add the web link as well so that anyone can go to it first hand and to credit the author.

Personally, I think to get the most benefit from research I will seek out the simple/obvious/fast responding treatments ( I want it fixed NOW laugh 4 ) that I can do first. That is outside of surgery. winking

The goal is to hydrate and increase collagen and elastin formation.
Quote :

How to Tighten Loose Skin After Weight Loss
As you lose fat and your loose skin begins to appear, the first rule is: don’t panic! Because it is a living organ, your skin will slowly return to a shape that fits your new body. But since that process can take up to two years, here are steps you can take to make your skin tighten more quickly:
Tip #2: Stay Hydrated
Attend to your hydration needs. Water is a crucial component of maintaining skin elasticity.
(Let me point out, as we add foods back into our diets, our salt intake rises and therfore hydration changes)
Tip #3: Eat Properly
Two necessary ingredients that keep skin plump and elastic are collagen and elastin. Protein-rich foods such as cottage cheese, milk, legumes, tofu, beans, seeds, nuts, and fish all contain collagen and elastin forming components, as well as oils to help maintain healthy skin.
Tip #4: Take Care of Your Skin
Nourish and care for your skin. Daily exfoliation can help to remove dead skin cells and increase skin circulation. A hot bath with sea salts and minerals can improve skin tone.
Skin tightening creams with herbal formulas and ingredients such as aloe vera, hyaluronic acid, yeast extract, soy protein, vitamin C, vitamin E and vitamin A can help to hydrate and increase collagen and elastin formation in skin.

Stay away from harsh detergents, such a sulfates in soaps, shampoos and dishwashing liquids, limit your sun exposure and stay away from tanning booths, and limit your exposure to hot and chlorinated water—all of these things will decrease skin elasticity. Quick and dirty tip: If you swim for fitness, use soap and shampoos that are specially designed to remove chlorine.
Bottom Line

Rather than letting age stress you out, you should focus on the things over which you have control—like exercising and eating right—and you’ll find that you always look good.

http://getfitguy.quickanddirtytips.com/how-to-tighten-loose-skin-after-weight-loss.aspx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diesel'smom
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 1694
Registration date : 2011-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Researching /Tips: Skin after fast weight loss   Wed Jul 18 2012, 17:24

Another one that I believe is important is Q10. I take a supplement and also use a cream on the "larger" problem areas but haven't been doing it long enough to say if it will be a noticible help.

Also there is no quick fix for skin - it takes time for it to regain its new shape. Think of it as putting a ball under a wet cloth and letting it dry when you take the ball out the cloth stays in a bump but as time goes by it will slowly flatten back out and I think that is true with the skin slowly tightening up.

Exercise is important to fill some of the saggy skin with muscle instead of fat as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MGNA
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2012-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Researching /Tips: Skin after fast weight loss   Thu Jul 19 2012, 09:42

Nice job Tamara on putting this together. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
freetime
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Researching /Tips: Skin after fast weight loss   Thu Jul 19 2012, 10:03

Tamara, What brand is the lotion you are using?

I am using oil of olay (Remember I have been in P3 for some time) on my face and I feel my skin sucking in the moisture. I am sure that most of my problem is hydration. Well, and old age too laugh 4

I finished off the msm lotion when I was in p2. when I use that I notice my skin feels softer but also heavy. Like Im ready to wash it off in the morning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
freetime
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Researching /Tips: Skin after fast weight loss   Thu Jul 19 2012, 12:47

Hydration/Moisturizing is a very big key to this loose skin and wrinkly look.
I am still in Tenn. on vacation, I do not have the lotions I was using from my home. Maybe that is why I noticed a change for the worse.I really haven’t used any lotion until yesterday when I found some oil of olay in my bag.

I am already noticing an improvement. At home I was using Clinique on my face every day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diesel'smom
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 1694
Registration date : 2011-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Researching /Tips: Skin after fast weight loss   Thu Jul 19 2012, 21:31

I use the nivea Q10 cream on my problem areas and just plain old luberderm everywhere else except face and have done well. My face I use a bamboo/aloe cream that is really light as I can get oily easily that I found at walmart and love. (i am a cheepo at heart)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
freetime
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Researching /Tips: Skin after fast weight loss   Thu Jul 19 2012, 23:11

I like light on my face too. The oil of olay is very light. Even the clinique feels thick and heavy to me.
I have an E lotion at home and I can only tollerate it a few hours before shower.
I am confused on the Q10- I thought it was something for the heart. I will self educate that topic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kimbuddha
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 1329
Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Researching /Tips: Skin after fast weight loss   Thu Jul 26 2012, 22:56

I use coconut oil and argan oil. Great for body, hair, whatever. Just use sunscreen too. cool 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Researching /Tips: Skin after fast weight loss   

Back to top Go down

Researching /Tips: Skin after fast weight loss
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1