Share | 

Exercise & Lack of Appetite

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
erika3

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-05-28

PostSubject: Exercise & Lack of Appetite   Fri Jun 03 2011, 02:28

*I posted this as my journal entry, too, but decided it will probably get answers here more quickly!*

So today is the end of my first full week on the VLCD of Round 1 Phase 2. 9.8 lbs down as of this a.m.! Really excited by these early results.

I am wondering about some things, though.... Yesterday I couldn't resist the gym any longer--with all of this awesome energy and inspiration I am feeling on hhcg--so I did 50 min of cardio. I added one extra ounce of protein at dinner, but that was the only thing I changed with the diet.

Today I had ZERO appetite alllllll day long. I did not want to eat. By 6 I suddenly had the thought, "omg wouldn't a slice of cheese be good." So I decided to eat one of my VLCD meals, just to try to get over that unexpected craving. Well, as I finished that meal, I was feeling somewhat unsatisfied! (Normally I am feeling sooo full that have to force myself to eat the whole meal--but I do finish.) So I actually ate ANOTHER meal. So--both lunch & dinner at once. I am really hoping I haven't really screwed myself up with both the exercise and this day of not eating and then two meals at once.

Anyone else experience anything like this??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sar
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 756
Registration date : 2011-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Exercise & Lack of Appetite   Fri Jun 03 2011, 09:48

Congrats on the amazing loss so far! If you already had an exercise routine before starting the HCG then you can certainly continue to work out. I worked out 4-5 times a week in P2 and did really well.

It's very important to eat all of the food on the protocol, even if you are not feeling hungry. You should be just fine with how you ate yesterday since you did not go over in calories, but in the future just try to make sure you eat the two meals. If you want, you can spread them throughout the day if that makes it easier to get all of the foods in. My first round I was barely hungry at all but found that on the days I didn't eat enough I didn't end up losing well. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/#!/sarah.smith.obrecht
erika3

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Exercise & Lack of Appetite   Sun Jun 05 2011, 01:35

Thanks for your response, Sarah :)

In your experience, have you found that maybe just omitting a vege now and then would actually have a big affect on loss? I am not saying this is my goal, but like right now, I am so incredibly tired from work, its late, I don't want to cook a vege and anyway I am FULL--so no raw vege either! If that happens just on rare occassion, do u think I will see an immediate problem?

You look amazing in your photo btw!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dawnf2z
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2011-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Exercise & Lack of Appetite   Sat Jun 11 2011, 07:59

Hi Erika - great sliding! rolling welcome now
I also love Sarah's photo - she looks fantastic moving flower

Like Sarah, I found that if you omit the veggies your losses are reduced. It does seem to help your body move the fat if you keep up the veg.

Because I'm commuting and working long hours, it usually means very early starts; late shift means arriving home around 7.45pm. I find it best to prep 2 small lunch boxes each evening and just grab them from the fridge when leaving for work. It doesn't take long to eat and I usually have to eat at my desk (there's no staff room/canteen here). Although no one really wants to be preparing the next day's meals at 8pm, it does make life simpler and doesn't usually take long.

Happy sliding - and keep us updated!
family ring
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3L1ttl3B34rs
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 979
Registration date : 2010-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Exercise & Lack of Appetite   Sat Jun 11 2011, 10:00

affraid WOW, those are fantastic losses!!! You're doing awesome!

I second everything said here. I think the veggies are important simply for your vitamins and minerals. I'm sure you aren't hurting yourself by occasionally skipping them but I definitely think it wouldn't be healthy for an entire round. Also, I think part of the goal in eating the veggies with the meal is to program yourself to prefer veggies. If you make those the focus at meal times eventually your begin to appreciate the true taste and sense of well being that a good, whole food gives.

As for cheese, I've done great with cheese while in P2! I think that you may need that? Just be sure to NOT eat several ounces of it. Try to stick to a small amount. It can't hurt to try and see if adding that in satisfies something your body needs while still giving you good results. confused 2

I'm just noticing that this post was made over a week ago, so you're probably way past figuring this out by now. Just wanted to chime in!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exercise & Lack of Appetite   

Back to top Go down

Exercise & Lack of Appetite
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1