QV flare up cream - ingredients contain paraffin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jessd
forum member
forum member

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2011-05-27

PostSubject: QV flare up cream - ingredients contain paraffin   Thu Jun 02 2011, 19:09

Hi guys - after all the acidic fruit we are allowed to eat on this diet my skin is in a bad bad way. I have tried to stay away from steriods to counteract the eczema and picked up some QV lotion instead. I want to check if this is allowed? The ingredients contain paraffin - is this counted as an oil?
I am pretty desperate, it even hurts to type as my fingers are cracking! I would appreciate any of the experts replying :)

Ingredient list:
Glycerol 10% - An effective humectant with high moisture binding ability 5.
Light liquid paraffin 10% - Emollient oil which contributes to skin flexibility.
Soft white paraffin 5% - The most effective occludent and emollient for protecting dry skin and allowing it to hydrate again 2.
Dimethicone 350 3% - Facilitates skin suppleness.
Squalane - A component of human sebum. Squalane improves the suppleness and smoothness of the skin without feeling greasy 10. It also aids in preventing water loss from the skin's surface.
Methyl hydroxybenzoate 0.2% - As a Preservative.
Dichlorobenzyl alcohol 0.1% - As a Preservative.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3L1ttl3B34rs
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 979
Registration date : 2010-12-08

PostSubject: Re: QV flare up cream - ingredients contain paraffin   Thu Jun 02 2011, 19:17

I don't know what would work best but I've used lotion (Weleda skin food) during my rounds and even occasionally self tanning lotion. Have you proven to be sensitive to a lot while on protocol???

Paraffin is mineral oil which IS allowed on protocol:)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jessd
forum member
forum member

PostSubject: Re: QV flare up cream - ingredients contain paraffin   Thu Jun 02 2011, 19:25

Thanks for that reply, i'll go ahead and use it :)

Yep this protocol has sent my allergies and skin absolutely nuts. First I had a major reaction to the Myrrh oil in the recommended homoeopathic toothpaste and my lips swelled up and then lips and inside my mouth peeled (scary stuff!), then I overdosed on acid having grapefruit for breakfast a few mornings in a row which made the corners of my mouth and hands blister up and crack.

Not fun but all worth it for the weight loss!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3L1ttl3B34rs
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: QV flare up cream - ingredients contain paraffin   Thu Jun 02 2011, 19:34

Maybe for breakfast, if you like them, You could scramble egg whites instead in some non-stick spray? That way you're getting extra protein AND less calories (1/4 cup of all whites from a carton is 30 calories). Then you could do apples later in the day. I've also continued to use my regular toothpaste the entire time just being extra careful not to swallow. Are you on homeopathic or injections? That might make some difference as to sensitivity of certain things confuse3

I'm using homeopathic (and mixing in a little of the real HCG drops the last few days).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jessd
forum member
forum member

PostSubject: Re: QV flare up cream - ingredients contain paraffin   Thu Jun 02 2011, 19:40

Hmm good idea!

I'm on the homoeopathic drops so I would have thought I'd get fewer sensitivities!

I've tried to cut back on the acidic stuff - breakfast for the past 2 days has been stewed apple with stevia and cinnamon and that seems to help. Do you think replacing it with egg white would be better for weight loss? Because I live down under we don't get egg whites in a carton (I seriously envy you guys in the states) so I would feel a bit guilty for wasting 1/2 an egg!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3L1ttl3B34rs
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: QV flare up cream - ingredients contain paraffin   Thu Jun 02 2011, 19:48

You could always freeze the yolks and make quiche in P3 with heavy cream winking I think the losses would be better with the addition of protein and maybe only one fruit a day, at least, that's what has worked for me! way to go
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jessd
forum member
forum member

PostSubject: Re: QV flare up cream - ingredients contain paraffin   Thu Jun 02 2011, 19:52

Now thats food for thought! rolling

I'm definitely going to try that tomorrow, hopefully it is going to have a positive impact on weight loss, I was terrified to deviate from the protocol after my first slip up resulted in a stall! More protein = more weight loss does make sense though way to go

Thank you so so much for all your help!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
birdlady

Number of posts : 3702
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: QV flare up cream - ingredients contain paraffin   Thu Jun 02 2011, 21:58

I have, at times increased my protein and totally omitted the fruit.
Never was a big fruit eater.
You can even increase some of the veggies you eat. Just keep within the 500-ish calorie intake.

I do know that when my stomach felt "sour" at times, a glass of water with a teaspoon of baking soda always neutralized it.
(You may have a healthy belch after that!)
laugh 4

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QV flare up cream - ingredients contain paraffin   

Back to top Go down

QV flare up cream - ingredients contain paraffin
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1