View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jamerz1773
forum member
forum member

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Stalling Out While Sticking to Protocol   Tue May 24 2011, 12:26

So, I had this same experience the last time I did a 40-day round.....and was hoping to not repeat it, but sticking 100% to protocol, I am now on day 6 of a stall. Last time, it was 7 days before I broke it but then did manage to lose another 5 pounds before finishing. At least I am handling this one better figuring that it is the exact same thing that happened last time and so I know if I stay stubborn and stick to it then it will pay off but I'm just curious about other's experiences with stalling out and how you coped and what the end result was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CacklinRose
forum member
forum member

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2011-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Stalling Out While Sticking to Protocol   Tue May 24 2011, 14:19

By stall do you mean losing nothing at all or just losing noticeably less than you have in the past week or so?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jamerz1773
forum member
forum member

PostSubject: Re: Stalling Out While Sticking to Protocol   Tue May 24 2011, 16:12

I mean not losing any weight at all for 6 to 7 days.....I've just been losing and gaining the same 0.8 pounds for 6 days. Last round, I just stayed at the same weight for 7 days before breaking the plateau. I know I can do an apple day if I really want, but I'd rather not since they say that's more for your own piece of mind than anything and the plateau should end on its own. And, this always happens at what was a set weight for me for a long time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Stalling Out While Sticking to Protocol   Tue May 24 2011, 16:28

If you plateau for 3 days or more you should probably do an apple day. Since you are on day 6 or 7 of a stall, it might be needed. I know they stink :( but they really help when trying to break a stall.

For an apple day, starting at lunch (when you usually start eating on this diet) on your apple day, you can eat up to six apples through the day and drink ONLY TO QUENCH YOUR THIRST through midnight of that day. Then, the next day, AFTER YOU WEIGH, you can begin drinking whatever you would like again, but NO apples.

Back to top Go down
jamerz1773
forum member
forum member

PostSubject: Re: Stalling Out While Sticking to Protocol   Wed May 25 2011, 12:11

And of course because I went to the store last night to make sure I had enough apples for my apple day.....I finally went and broke my stall today. Not great, but finally into the 125's. Still thought about doing the apple day but figured I'd stick to Dr. S's protocol when he says all plateaus correct themselves eventually. I'm going to give my body a few days to see if it will make up for this week of no losses and go from there. Still have 18 days left on this round.....so just hoping that is enough time to get off these last 5 pounds. There is a certain level of stubbornness you need to achieve on this diet and I'm definitely not lacking there!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Stalling Out While Sticking to Protocol   Fri May 27 2011, 17:35

18 days.... 5 pounds.... You can do this girl! cheering cheerleader 2 cheering cheerleader 2 cheering cheerleader 2

Keep on trucking! Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
Baby Kitty

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-05-25

PostSubject: I may have broke it --but don't want to jix it---.5 lb loss    Fri May 27 2011, 18:26

I will definitely know more tomorrow. But---the apple day did not work for me. As a matter of fact, I gained .4 of a pound with it. But did not know that you were supposed to stop apples after it. And I have very fragile kidneys---on the cusp of kidney failure - so alittle afraid to go without water - tried it one day but didn't help at all - and kinda figured that it would be better on the kidneys if I flushed the junk out. Not sure that it matters. Maybe someone can shedd a light on that. Egg day is the one that shook loose this half pound loss - gotta hope it keeps going.

As for the last 5 pounds-----------you have it in the bag!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep us apraised!! woo hoo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jamerz1773
forum member
forum member

PostSubject: Re: Stalling Out While Sticking to Protocol   Mon May 30 2011, 12:56

Well, definitely have to say that I'm sticking to Dr. S and what he says. It is definitely true that a protocol will correct itself if you just give it some time. Once I finally broke that stall, the weight has been coming off nicely. Even had a 1.8 lb loss yesterday, which has never happened to me before when I get this close to the end. Was afraid it would go back up today but then even went down another 0.4 today.....so now happily at 121.4 with only 1.4 lbs to go. Cosidering where I started from this round with the craziest load days experience ever, I have no complaints. I really do love this diet!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
birdlady

Number of posts : 3715
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Stalling Out While Sticking to Protocol   Mon May 30 2011, 13:32

I read in the "Mastering Leptin" book, that pantethine (vit B5) will also help with weight loss. Take about 500-600mg just before going to bed. This may help too.

Last edited by birdlady on Mon May 30 2011, 23:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baby Kitty

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-05-25

PostSubject: pantetine (vit B5)   Mon May 30 2011, 15:32

Thanks for your help and support----got the pantetine (vit B5)---but took it during the day--re-read this and will try it tonight. Did lose another pound but really slow going. Certainally not steady like so many of you and almost done with P2 so looks a little disappointing. No more will come off on P3 or just a pound or so--correct? And this is a very important time right? No cheating so far and certainally none now or I will be in trouble right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
birdlady

Number of posts : 3715
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Stalling Out While Sticking to Protocol   Mon May 30 2011, 18:12

Baby Kitty ~ please do not compare yourself to others.
I know, hard not too.
But, you are special and different from everyone else.
Therefore, your weight loss journey will be different.

When I am on hcg, I loose an average of .4 daily.
And that is because my losses look like a roller coaster ride.
But, with hcg, I loose!
winking

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jamerz1773
forum member
forum member

PostSubject: Re: Stalling Out While Sticking to Protocol   Mon May 30 2011, 23:54

I absolutely agree with don't compare yourself to others. And an average of 0.4 pounds a day has been my average as well all 3 rounds. But, even though it seems to come off slow compared to some others, at least it is still coming off. I've kept my weight loss spreadsheet from every round I've done and it is a bit funny to go back and look at them long after the round is over and remember the days it seemed like such a struggle.....but then realize that when you see the difference between that starting weight and the end weight, those days seem less significant. I certainly hope you can find exactly what works for you!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stalling Out While Sticking to Protocol   

Back to top Go down

Stalling Out While Sticking to Protocol
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1