Any thoughts?

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss
birdlady

Number of posts : 3697
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Greenbeans???   Thu May 05 2011, 07:53

Green beans are not P2 compliant.

But, some can eat them on P2, others cannot.

Try it one day and then wait a few days to see if it effetcs the weight any.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Greenbeans???   Thu May 05 2011, 16:27

If you want to closely follow Dr. Simeons’ protocol.... No green beans!

He worked with it for twenty years and determined what food worked with the HCG Diet and what food did not work with the HCG diet. Broccoli, green beans, cauliflower, turkey, and all those other “typical” diet foods are not specific. Therefore, you could assume that he did try those foods and simply did not get good results, which is why he did not include them.

Personally, I feel that everyone should stick to Dr. Simeons' protocol. It has been around since the 1950's... if it is not, broken don't fix it!

I have heard of others eating green beans and still being able to lose weight on the HCG Diet, but the questions is "Could they have lost more weight without the green beans?"

Here's to being skinny!

Casey
www.diyhcg.com
www.facebook.com/DIYHCG
Back to top Go down
grammasmitty

Number of posts : 3239
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Greenbeans???   Sat May 07 2011, 10:53

Remember that Dr. S wrote the book for professionals who were going to offer the diet to their patients. He had to pull together all the guidelines in the most generic way possible. To do that, he had to keep things simple and use foods that he knew worked for everyone "all" the time. It is always best to begin with hcg by following the strict guidelines and get a good start on losing, and know just what your body will do. But as you progress through weeks of p2, there is no harm in trying something that you enjoy and have had no trouble with before. I know that for me I can use almost any low-carb/non-starchy veggie and still lose well. I mix my veggies. I rarely have the fruit and when I do it is just berries. Those are things that I can do. Others may have problems with some of that. To be absolutely sure, stick to strict protocol. But when things become boring or too difficult, try one new item and see if it works for you. As long as you understand the possible consequences (a day of no loss or maybe a few days of slow losses), and are prepared to deal with it and not feel like you've failed, you will have no problems.

P2 Journal
Successful P3 Journal My Current Leptin Plan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greenbeans???   

Back to top Go down

Greenbeans???
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
hCG Support Group :: Food/Medications-