View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CanDoKate
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2011-02-18

PostSubject: Sweet 'n' Low?   Sat Apr 02 2011, 17:34

The protocol says stevia and saccharin are find, but thus far I see that everyone only uses stevia. Is there a reason you don't use Sweet 'n' Low? Is it a taste preference or is there something I don't know?

Just started...on my 4th VLCD so little mistakes I'm making (unknowingly) aren't apparent yet so I'd like to figure this out before I stall!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
birdlady

Number of posts : 3715
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Sweet 'n' Low?   Sat Apr 02 2011, 19:59

No artificial sweeteners.

Stevia is preferred because it comes from a plant leaf.

Later on, saccharin was found to cause cancer/tumors in lab testings after Dr S passed away.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CanDoKate
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2011-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Sweet 'n' Low?   Fri Apr 08 2011, 15:10

LOL - not worried about rat cancer, just weight loss on this diet!

Saccharin was nearly 100% of the rats' diet - that would kill just about anyone one way or another, just like a 100% carrot diet gives you Vitamin A poisoning (one of the girls in my dorm sophomore year did this and went so toxic she turned orange).

I don't think aspartame/Equal was around 50 years ago but I still wouldn't play with it on this diet because of the way it affects blood sugar/appetite the same way real sugar does and causes bad headaches in an awful lot of people.

I'm not sure about sucralose/Splenda (also a new invention), but I think it also affects blood sugar and appetite. That has certainly been my experience.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
englishrose
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2011-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Sweet 'n' Low?   Sun May 15 2011, 17:41

hi - i wanted to ask about sweet and low too...

you cant buy stevia in the UK - so because it's quicker - and less shipping i got some sweet n low sacharin. It stated those were your choices in all the paperwork i recd.
Anyways, it's now arrived and the first ingredient listed on the box is dextrose!! which is on the list of items you MUSNT have!

now i'm really confused - can i use sweetnlow or not???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
birdlady

Number of posts : 3715
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Sweet 'n' Low?   Fri Jul 08 2011, 11:03

Anything that is artificial or man made is not recognized as "food" in your body.
Your body does not know what do do with it.
So, it stores it in our fat cells.
It can also trigger your brain to retain fat and not loose it.
If sugar free foods are so good for us, how come people are still fat from eating it?

My own personal opinion is to stay away from anything that has artificial sweeteners in it. Most of those man made chemicals are only a molecule away from chlorine or a form of formaldahyde.

Back when Dr S wrote the protocol, there were not enough studies on saccharin to deem is a bad sugar substitute. Same goes for tuna. Back then, it was packed in oil. Today, you can get it packed in water.

I look at the hcg diet as a way of detoxing and purging our bodies of man made chemical crud that do pollute and cause weight gain. I see it as a "get-back-to-basics" eating regimine.

Our weight gain has come from all the chemicals that are put in our foods.
I am showing my age when I post this, but it is what I remember.

Fresh milk would come with the creme floating on top. I had to mix up the milk before drinking it. Then, the milk only stayed fresh for about 3 days. Milk today stays artificially "fresh" for a week.

Cheese would last about a week in the frig or mold would move in. Today, you can keep cheese "fresh" for a month without mold.

Bread would last about 3-4 days. Today, longer than a week with all the "preservatives" that are added.

Orange juice today is genetically altered to have a consistant flavor every time you open up a carton. Yet, every time I peel an orange, some have stronger flavors than others.

I could go on... Todays foods are laced with harmful products ~ all in the name of "shelf life" and "enhanced flavors". Even the meat we eat is laced with antibiotics that strip our own gut of all the good bacteria and let candida grow wild.

Candida causes a host of ills in our bodies, one of which is weight gain. I won't get on that soap box.

But, As I stated in the beginning, it is your own personal choice to sweeten with whatever anyone chooses. I am merely pointing out the downside of the artificial sweeteners. My intentions are only honest and not meant to hurt or harm. Please, do not take what I have written to heart.

For those in the UK, if that is what you have access to, then, by all means use it. But, I would still keep on looking for stevia.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sweet 'n' Low?   

Back to top Go down

Sweet 'n' Low?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1