View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
windyrose
forum member
forum member

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-01-02

PostSubject: Sodium in chicken and steak...and fish   Wed Oct 27 2010, 22:43

Ok..so I've been on phase 2 about a month now and JUST noticed that there is sodium in my packages of chicken breast, fish, and steak. I'm assuming this is an additive for freshness. Will it hurt my weight loss? If so, how am I suppossed to find anything with no salt? Help!

pull hair
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VanishingWoman
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Sodium in chicken and steak...and fish   Thu Oct 28 2010, 13:24

There is going to be some added sodium as a preservative. The only way to get a way from that is go all organic or totally fresh. Personally, I cannot afford the organic in our area and don't have a farm. LOL! I have been using the Wal-Mart brand or Tyson frozen chicken breast or chicken tender breast for my entire program without trouble. I just get the cheapest brand of frozen tilopia, and I never buy frozen steaks - always fresh (personal preference). I also get the precooked frozen shrimp. I ALWAYS read the packages for added sugars and NEVER buy preseasoned or pre-cooked items like that. Shrimp is different because it is just boiled. I did not think we were suppose to cut out salt all together, just keep it in check, unless you have a severe water retention problem. Drinking the 64+oz a day should help with that. This is my experience. Hope it helps.

My Journal

Total losses using HCG 100lbs plus number on ticker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
windyrose
forum member
forum member

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-01-02

PostSubject: Sodium in chicken and steak...and fish   Sun Nov 07 2010, 12:57

Thank you for responding! After much searching, I finally found the perfect chicken. It's Mary's Chickens..an organic farm in California. It has absolutely nothing added! I found it at Whole Foods Market. I'm so impressed with it that I wanted to pass this on.

Have a great one!

rolling
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sodium in chicken and steak...and fish   

Back to top Go down

Sodium in chicken and steak...and fish
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1