View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BrittanyLynn
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2010-10-20

PostSubject: Gained 3 lbs!!!! Help!!!   Fri Oct 22 2010, 12:54

All this time I thought we were supposed to do a steak day when we gain more than 2 lbs, but now I'm understanding that it's only for p3? I'm SO confused!! I tried to read the pounds and inches protocol but it just confused me more! I feel like a complete airhead!! smack The 3 lbs I believe was a result of using red meat. I had a meatloaf recipe I found at another forum for dinner the night before last, and then last night I had the chili recipe I found here. I believe I need to completely remove red meat from my diet!!! What am I supposed to do? sad4
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VanishingWoman
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Gained 3 lbs!!!! Help!!!   Fri Oct 22 2010, 13:01

download my guide. It is simple and easy to read. Follow Dr. Ss plan, but I give you some tips. Try it.

My Journal
Total losses using HCG 100lbs plus number on ticker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BrittanyLynn
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Gained 3 lbs!!!! Help!!!   Fri Oct 22 2010, 13:23

I read your guide, but I'm still confused. Am I supposed to just continue the 500 cal/day diet right now since I'm in p2?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VanishingWoman
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Gained 3 lbs!!!! Help!!!   Fri Oct 22 2010, 13:26

Yes P2 or Phase 2 or Protocol are all the same. Read under that section. P3 or Phase 3 is when you are not taking the HCG. P1 is just a prep time before taking the HCG and P4 is when you have finished stabilizing on P3 or Maintenance Phase. I hope this helps.

My Journal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BrittanyLynn
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Gained 3 lbs!!!! Help!!!   Fri Oct 22 2010, 13:57

I understand the phases, but I dont know what to do when you gain more than 2 pounds during p2. Am I supposed to continue the diet according to protocol or do a steak, egg, or apple day?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VanishingWoman
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Gained 3 lbs!!!! Help!!!   Fri Oct 22 2010, 14:10

You should not be gaining at all on P2. If you are then you need to look at what you are eating. Make sure are eating food with absolutely no oils or sugars. Most of everything you eat should be from fresh foods, not pre cooked or packaged. They have added sugars with hidden names and other oils and such. If you gain, you just figure out what you are doing wrong, fix it, and then keep going with the revised plan. You should be keeping a log of everything you eat, with the calories and the amount you are eating. If not, you could be going over the 500 cals per day. If you are not watching the ingredience list, it may have hidden oils and sugars.

My Journal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BrittanyLynn
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Gained 3 lbs!!!! Help!!!   Fri Oct 22 2010, 14:16

Im pretty sure I can't eat red meat on this diet, or I will gain. I have been keeping a journal of all of my meals and weigh-ins, times of weigh-ins, amount and time of each injection, and notes on the injection process and food items. I'm doing a weekly body measurement, chest, thighs, waist, hips, etc. It's quite time consuming! winking But thank you! I'll go eat lunch now!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VanishingWoman
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Gained 3 lbs!!!! Help!!!   Fri Oct 22 2010, 14:56

I just found your journal and you do seem to be doing the right things. Some people do have trouble with beef, and other don't. It is good that you found out what works for you. Just like Brussels's sprouts and broccoli are not on the org protocol, but they do not bother me. I lose very well, between 1 - 2 lbs a day. So you find what works for you and stick with it. Another thing that will make you gain is your period, if you still have them. So keep that in mind when it comes that time. The gain is basically water and will leave very rapidly. Good luck.

My Journal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BrittanyLynn
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Gained 3 lbs!!!! Help!!!   Fri Oct 22 2010, 15:05

Thank you so much for all your help. It's so much easier to do this when you have a team of veterans backing you up!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
doreen35
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Gained 3 lbs!!!! Help!!!   Fri Oct 22 2010, 16:14

Hi Brittany -

I would like to help if I may.
Is there any way you can post what you ate for the last 3 days?
This may help us to narrow down what your problem was - I do not believe beef will make you gain - it may make you stall or slow down, but not gain. There has to be something else involved.

If you can post your menus so we can see, that would definitely help!
3 pounds is huge and I know you must be feeling anxious...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BrittanyLynn
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Gained 3 lbs!!!! Help!!!   Fri Oct 22 2010, 16:25

This is copied directly from my personal journal. Thanks so much for your concern!

Monday, October 18th, 2010
Woke up at about 10:00am. Used bathroom, weighed myself without clothes: 218.0 lbs. Injection: 250IU's.
Breakfast: Green tea, 1 liter spring water, 1 apple
Lunch: 100g grilled chicken breast tenderloin, handful of organic cherry tomatoes.
Dinner: 100g grilled beef veal, very carefully cleaned, handful of steamed brussel sprouts.
Snack: 1 small organic apple, 1 cup organic coffee w/ stevia.

Notes: Woke up late, disappointed. Gained 4 pounds from the last loading day. How miserable is that? I am very frustrated by this. I wonder if my loading days on the next treatment I can eat better, like big salads with full fat dressings instead of greasy burgers. I don't like stevia. I will learn to like it, but at the moment, I couldn't finish a whole cup of coffee. Note to self: Stevia is WAY sweeter than sugar or splenda. Half or less of a packet per cup of coffee.

Tuesday, October 19th, 2010
Woke up at 9:00am. Used bathroom, weighed myself without clothes: 213.5lbs. Injection:250IU's.
Breakfast: apple, Spring water
Lunch: 100g grilled chicken breast tenderloin, large handful of organic cherry tomatoes
Dinner: 100g grilled flounder, large handful of steamed brussel sprouts
Snack: none. Fell asleep.

Notes: For injection this morning, I filled the syringe with 250 IU's of air, slowly released it into the vial, then filled the syringe with 250 IU's of HCGsolution. Flicked the tip of the needle to push air to the top, squeezed the bubble into the vial and refilled the syringe with 250 IU's of HCG solution. Injected very slowly into my tummy. No waste today, other than the bubble from the rubber top on the syringe. I got the full 250. Having hunger problems again, but not as badly as yesterday. Fell asleep very very early. Suffering with the "HCG diet headache". I hope it goes away.

Wednesday, October 20th, 2010
Woke up at 8:00am. Used bathroom, weighed myself without clothes: 210.0lbs. Injection:250IU's.
Breakfast: small organic apple, spring water
Lunch: 100g grilled chicken breast tenderloin, large handful of cherry tomatoes.
Snack: 2 melba squares
Dinner: Two slices salsa meatloaf, steamed brussel sprouts
Snack: small organic apple, cup of coffee with very little stevia and 1 tblsp of 2% milk, 2nd cup of coffee with only stevia.
Drank more than a half gallon of spring water, almost a half gallon of green tea

Notes: Loss of 3.5 lbs since yesterday, total of 8 so far. Injection went smoothly with no waste. 8 lbs of loss so far. I'd like to see more. I dont know that I am getting the full benefit of weight loss with the hcg treatment. Found the recipe for the meatloaf at hcgfatloss.com. Salsa too. I introduced melba toast into my diet today. I'm afraid that I ate too much. Time will tell.

Thursday, October 21st, 2010
Woke up at 8:00am. Used bathroom, weighed myself without clothes: 207.0lbs. Injection:250IU's.
Breakfast: 1 cup of black coffee, with very little stevia.
Lunch: Apple and celery chicken salad with lemon and cinnamon
Dinner: Chili recipe found at hcgsupportgroup.com 100g lean hburger meat, 1c tom, 2tbsp dried minced onion, spices
Snack: 8-9 of cashew halves throughout the day

Notes: Total loss of 3lbs since yesterday, 11 so far. Maybe the melba toast or red meat slowed my loss. I'll avoid them today. So far, the headache seems to be easing up. Hunger is pretty low, although I do still have a slight rumble. Not quite time for lunch yet, so I'll Im stave it off with green tea and spring water. Very very bad pain. Later it got, worse it got. I think I'm potassium deficient. It hurts!!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
birdlady

Number of posts : 3711
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Gained 3 lbs!!!! Help!!!   Fri Oct 22 2010, 18:47

I cannot eat beef on the protocol. My weight stalls out BIG time. I have to stick with chicken and fish. Some days I eat all chicken meals. I also did away with the bread. Eating those made me more hungry.
Every one is different.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
doreen35
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Gained 3 lbs!!!! Help!!!   Fri Oct 22 2010, 20:05

Brittany -
Cashew halves!
There is your culprit - full fat

Potassium defiency will cause muscle cramps so make sure to get that
Coral Calcium is also recommended

Get rid of the brussel sprouts, they are not on the approved list either.
Make sure your beef is lean - not 85/15 - 93/7 or 94/6 that kind of thing

I hope that helps!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BrittanyLynn
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Gained 3 lbs!!!! Help!!!   Sat Oct 23 2010, 14:34

The area in which I live, it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to find anything less than 93/7 ground beef, so I'll just leave it out of my diet. Cashews are also being removed as well. A friend of mine who's used this diet to lose over 100 pounds suggested them to stave hunger pains for the first few days. It worked for him, but not for me!
Doreen, do you use coral calcium sachets or do you take the pills? I started a potassium supplement yesterday, it was the only one I could find. I was in so much pain I didn't have time to wait to get to a health food store. I took one yesterday and I'm already feeling a little better. Do you use Natural Calm as well? It was suggested to help with magnesium deficiency. Is it expensive?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
surban2005
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 1942
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Gained 3 lbs!!!! Help!!!   Sat Oct 23 2010, 22:21

Check all vitamins for sugars. You would be surprised what they put in there! You may want to check this guy's website for more info, too. He has lost over 130 pounds on HCG. http://onetongorilla.com also here is a recipe book that has some great ideas.

http://freehcgrecipes.com/uploads/A_final_HCG_Cookbook_color_NOT_createspace.pdf

If you can't do the beef, look at chicken and fish, along with shrimp. There are people here that are vegetarians and do very well!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
doreen35
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Gained 3 lbs!!!! Help!!!   Sat Oct 23 2010, 22:37

Hey Brittany -

I actually use a Cal/mag supplement together
they say that you need 250 mg of magnesium to every 500 mg of Calcium for maximum absorption so that is what I do.

I don't use any kind of laxative, if I need something, I just use psyllium fiber which is all natural (you can get at walmart).

I agree with Stephanie, just make sure the vitamins don't have any SUGAR in them or anything that sounds like sugar!!

Hope that helps!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
birdlady

Number of posts : 3711
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Gained 3 lbs!!!! Help!!!   Sun Oct 24 2010, 09:06

You can find Natural Calm at any health food store or you can get it at www.vitacost.com.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BrittanyLynn
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Gained 3 lbs!!!! Help!!!   Mon Oct 25 2010, 14:12

Doreen, what kind of supplement do you use? The brand, I mean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RMDelete
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Gained 3 lbs!!!! Help!!!   Sat Nov 13 2010, 12:46

I have noticed (not sure if this will help now that so much time has lapsed) that whenever I eat red meat 2x a day I GAIN regardless of how close I was trying to follow the protocol.

I have also noticed that I can eat chicken or fish/shellfish 2x day and lose weight.

I lose more weight faster if I have either eggs, or cottage cheese, or a egg white protein shake (by MRM) for lunch and whatever I want for dinner.

Having a tsp or more of coconut oil boosts your energy and sometimes helps you lose more weight faster. IF you eat at funky times your body has a harder time maintaining. I see no difference personally in the quantity of fat in the beef but a very VERY important note here JUST MAKE SURE IT IS GRASS FED BEEF grass fed beef that is even up to the 15% range (not very common) has never made me gain, but grain fed beef has. If you are trying to lose weight faster you should not have melba toast or oranges.

Another thing I also noticed, HIGHER concentrations of HCG doses sometimes work against you. I've stuck with a dose of 175-180 I up the dose when I get closer to my goal weight because when you get closer to your goal weight and have almost exhausted your abnormal fat reserves then your body starts to stall more (IN those cases alone is when I introduce the snacks such as the cashews )

Keep your taste buds entertained and go try some new flavors. :) sometimes that helps my body cope. but again, everyone is different.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pSNId7Z_uBryUuhwzF-E8UQ&h
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gained 3 lbs!!!! Help!!!   

Back to top Go down

Gained 3 lbs!!!! Help!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1