hCG Support Group

hCG weight loss support group

HomePortalGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Anyone become scared or starches/carbs longterm?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
greenwitch
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2010-08-13

PostSubject: Anyone become scared or starches/carbs longterm?   Wed Oct 20 2010, 10:24

After completing 5 weeks of p3, I find that I have been unable to increase my carbs at all for fear of gaining. That is fine in that I have one additional round to complete next month and don't need to increase them yet. For those of you who have successfully finished all your rounds and corresponding phases and ratcheted your carbs back up again to a more normal amount (ie a piece of whole grain bread won't kill you.) how did you do it without being scared of gaining instantly? I found my cravings for carbs including pizza are gone. Unfortunately, it has has been replaced with a huge fear of ever eating them again. Did that happen to anyone else?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
birdlady

Number of posts : 3715
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Anyone become scared or starches/carbs longterm?   Wed Oct 20 2010, 11:13

Most of your bad carb cravings should be gone after eating on P2 for any lengh of time. The bad carbs release the "feel good" endorphins in your brain and that is what causes the addiction and the weight gain. It's like a drug, or alcohol.

For me, I cannot eat the bad carbs or I get acid reflux - baaaad.

It's up to you to decide how much you can or choose to endulge in the bad carb. They are OK on occasion and the quick weight gain is back off within a few days. I have eaten a sandwich on occasion without trouble.

But, you need to be aware of the "old" habits that can easily creep back into your menu. I make better choices now. Snack on nuts or date bars for sweet things. I slice carrots thin and they are almost like eating "chips".

As for me, I have put on some weight. Not happy about it, but, I find the little added walking helps monitor that.

Others may have their insights...

Last edited by birdlady on Wed Oct 20 2010, 17:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
greenwitch
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2010-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Anyone become scared or starches/carbs longterm?   Wed Oct 20 2010, 12:20

Thanks for that insight. Interestingly enough for me, I realized that my interest in alcohol had been almost exclusively related to a carb addiction as I don't miss it at all. I would drink 1-2 glasses four of 4 times a week reflexively because I liked the taste. Although I still like wine, I can take it or leave it now.

My trigger foods to avoid are comfort foods like homemade mac and cheese, pizza, and chips. I seem to really like cheese. I have found a way to control that as I still eat smallert lower fat versions in omelettes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone become scared or starches/carbs longterm?   

Back to top Go down

Anyone become scared or starches/carbs longterm?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1