hCG Support Group

hCG weight loss support group

HomePortalGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Poll: How many are doing did a 40 day vs 23 day p2?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
greenwitch
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2010-08-13

PostSubject: Poll: How many are doing did a 40 day vs 23 day p2?   Fri Aug 27 2010, 09:30

I am just curious if more folks elect to do multiple short rounds instead of less longer ones. I hear feedback that weight loss slows down in the second half rendering one longer round less effective than two shorter rounds.

I signed up to do the 40 day round (actually day 43 before I move to the p3 diet.) and am noticing many folks are doing the shorter rounds. I am sitting at a 22.6 pound loss as of Day 24. I am hoping that I am not torturing myself for little loss in the end for the last half. Did anyone do a longer round and continue to experience a decent amount of loss without stalling out?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
geckotoes
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 2641
Registration date : 2009-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How many are doing did a 40 day vs 23 day p2?   Fri Aug 27 2010, 10:18

I've always done the 40-day rounds, just like yours. Days 1-2 are load days while injecting, and Days 41-42 are VLCD with no injections. I got an opinion from one of the true veterans of this stuff who said your net loss is no better by doing 2 23-day rounds with a break in the middle. But I'm curious about those who are gonna try it; I want to know their experience with it. Frankly, it would be lovely to lose the way we do in the first week, but I'm sure it would be very unhealthy in the long run. In my first round (clinic supervised at that point), the diet coach said I could quit a week early if I began a stall pattern. I think she felt sorry for me having to VLCD it thru Thanksgiving. In full disclosure, I've almost completed the contract period with that clinic, and I use them for ZERO advice, at this point. I get better advice on this forum!

Now, there are some on here who do a round longer than 40 days, and I'm convinced that the extended effort it takes does not pay off to any measurable degree. I would be too susceptible to permanent burnout.

Nowhere to go but DOWN!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
greenwitch
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How many are doing did a 40 day vs 23 day p2?   Fri Aug 27 2010, 11:36

Thanks for your feedback. Congratulations for being well past your half way point. You inspire me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MichelleBelle
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2010-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How many are doing did a 40 day vs 23 day p2?   Fri Aug 27 2010, 11:38

I did 23 days. I don't want to get so sick of it that I cheat. I told myself from the start, "I can do anything for 3 weeks" and that seems to carry me through.

Click here for my R1P2 Journal

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.turtlesneedlovetoo.blogspot.com
greenwitch
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How many are doing did a 40 day vs 23 day p2?   Fri Aug 27 2010, 11:57

I can see your point as well. Boy I wish that I was close to being done. In my case, I am hoping to get close enough to my goal weight that I can take the rest off very slowly with my new healthier diet and exercise routine once my metabolism is "reset". The test will the holidays. If I gain more than 3-4 pounds total, I plan to do a 23 day after the first of the year to take the rest of the weight off.

My husband is pleased, surprised, and downright startled at the rate of my weight loss and is already bugging me to commit to losing no more than I originally agreed to. He doesn't like the way I look at 135 vs 145. I have wide hip bones and a big rib cage that don't get narrower just bonier. We may split the difference at 140 so I can have a buffer on future weight gain.

Last edited by greenwitch on Mon Aug 30 2010, 10:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
willdo

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How many are doing did a 40 day vs 23 day p2?   Mon Aug 30 2010, 00:44

I've wondered, too, which way tends to bring about the best losses in the shortest amount of time.

I'm doing HhCG & am on R1P3VLCD35. I will have my last dose on Wednesday & start P3 Saturday. I'm doing this very strictly by the book so I'll be doing 3 weeks of both P3 & P4 before starting R2. I'm in this for the long term stabilization & maintenance. I want it to stay off.

I've lost 28.4 lbs so far, but after the first week my losses have been between 2-3.2 lbs per week. The scale fluctuates a lot. Inches lost are fantastic. It took me a week to start taking measurements but since then I've lost over 30 inches & have gone down 2 pant sizes.

Sticking to P2 is easy for me. I get hungry at times but nothing major. I have no cravings. I like not having to wonder about what to eat. I'm also looking forward to eating eggs & healthy fats soon. R2P2 will most likely also be 40 VLCDs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
doreen35
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How many are doing did a 40 day vs 23 day p2?   Mon Aug 30 2010, 08:33

Good questions!

My first round, I pushed it! I did 63 days and I lose 41 pounds. It was most definitely slower in the last 20 days and I did end up getting some burn out.

My second round I did 23 days and I felt so much better!
This round is round 3 and I will most probably do 28 days.

The averages seem pretty much the same overall regardless of how many days I have done them.
I hope that helps!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
greenwitch
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How many are doing did a 40 day vs 23 day p2?   Mon Aug 30 2010, 10:15

Thanks Doreen. In my case, I think I will be the perfect Guinea Pig for the test of how easy it is to take off a small amount of weight after stabilizing. If my goal is 145 and I make it to the low 150's by the end of R1P2, I should be able to gradually/very slowly lose another 5-7 pounds without disturbing my hypothalmus over a span of say 6 months. If on the other hand, I follow p3 and p4 carefully and eat a healthy 2000K diet through the holiday and still gain 5 lbs back, I will be ready for a mini round in January. I plan on staying with the board to chronicle the process, so you can see what a p3 experience looks like for someone who ends a round very close to their goal weight. I am anticipating a struggle, but I may be pleasantly surprised.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
geckotoes
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 2641
Registration date : 2009-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How many are doing did a 40 day vs 23 day p2?   Mon Aug 30 2010, 10:19

I welcome hearing your experience as you close in on your goal! Are losses starting to come slower?

Nowhere to go but DOWN!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
greenwitch
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How many are doing did a 40 day vs 23 day p2?   Mon Aug 30 2010, 11:26

I wish I could say that I knew for sure. My losses for weeks 1, 2, 3 averaged 6-6.5 lbs. Five days into Week #4 and pre TOM, I am down 4 lbs with 2 days remaining, so if I end up losing 5 lbs as opposed to 6-6.5, it may be TOM or the inevitable slowdown that everyone describes for the balance of weeks 4-6. With this being my first round I am not really sure. Also, I did start Day 1 on Day 1 of my TOM, so I am going to be hit twice with the cycle issue within my 40 day protocol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
willdo

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How many are doing did a 40 day vs 23 day p2?   Sat Sep 04 2010, 11:24

I am afraid I became obsessed with a specific nice round number lost & extended my dosage days by three to make sure I got there. I got there & a bit more this morning so today was my LDW. That makes it 30.6 lbs lost in 43 days of HhCG.

I am SO ready to add some healthy fat to my menus! Two more days to go.

My next round of P2 will now most likely be a few days less than 40 because I want to be in P4 Christmas week. I love the idea of shorter rounds but it seems to me the longer ones are what I need right now with lots to lose. I haven't seen anything that makes it sound like one or the other is faster. I think it boils down to how long you feel comfortable doing P2.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
greenwitch
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How many are doing did a 40 day vs 23 day p2?   Sat Sep 04 2010, 13:43

Thanks for your feedback. I also have become obsessed with hitting a number by the end of my P2. so I added two extra days in total to my VLCD by skipping injections on TOM. I need to put it into better perspective as doing a mini round will finish off my final weight loss anyway. I like you want to be in p4 for the holiday season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cy?
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2010-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How many are doing did a 40 day vs 23 day p2?   Mon Sep 06 2010, 12:36

I'm doing 24 days. The whole reason I started HCG was an impending cruise in October, and this summer I've been heavier than ever in my life. Fortunately, by the time I read about it and got up the nerve to order it and start, I squeaked in with just enough time to do a short round, a 3 week P3, and end the cruise with 2 loading days. What I do from that point, I also am struggling with. I started a new thread asking "old timers" - no (lol) - experienced ! HCGers how to best approach the holidays.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How many are doing did a 40 day vs 23 day p2?   

Back to top Go down

Poll: How many are doing did a 40 day vs 23 day p2?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1