View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MichelleBelle
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2010-07-23

PostSubject: Burning Questions...Does anyone know?   Sat Aug 07 2010, 01:17

Is a 'drop' and actual measurement? How much is a drop? How many drops in a ml?

How can you 'measure' your dose in drops and ever know what the actual dosage is?

I have a dropper and I'd like to switch from syringe to dropper, but I'm not sure it's very accurate.
hmmmm
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.turtlesneedlovetoo.blogspot.com
KrisEvan

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Burning Questions...Does anyone know?   Mon Aug 09 2010, 17:14

Hi, Michelle. I've done some research on this, and unfortunately it's not exactly straightforward. If you look on Wikipedia, you'll find that the volume of a drop isn't well defined. Scientists use measurements varying from 12 to 20 drops per ml, depending on the device and technique used to produce the drop, not to mention the physical properties of the liquid.

So it depends on what's in your HCG solution and what kind of dropper you're using. I've done some tests with my drops and come up with 30 drops per ml, but it could vary depending on where you got your drops and whether there's anything added. (My drops were from HealthyHCG.com.) Using that measurement, it comes out to 36 drops per day or 12 drops three times per day. That's assuming 0.4 ml three times per day as the standard dose.

Here's a way you could test your drops. Get your dropper and measure 10 drops into a spoon. Then get your syringe and pull in the drops to see how many ml it is. If it's not enough to match your desired dose, try putting 15 drops, then 20, etc. Trial and error until you get the right dosage. Or you could try the 10 drops, get the ml equivalent, and do the math from there, but who wants to do math if you can avoid it??? :)

However, there will always be some inconsistency using a dropper. I got 30 drops per ml, but that was an average. After trying it multiple times, the actual numbers varied between 25 and 35 drops per ml, so I just averaged it out. That kind of variation shouldn't really make a huge difference in your dosage, though. It should be enough to trigger the HCG effect either way, and if it's not working or you're worried about it, you could always increase your dosage a little. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you're worried about running out of drops. You might want to be more precise in that case.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.healthyhcg.com
MichelleBelle
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Burning Questions...Does anyone know?   Mon Aug 09 2010, 19:53

I'm not worried about running out, but need to know how many iu's I'm getting. Guess I'll stick to the syringe!
Back to top Go down
KrisEvan

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Burning Questions...Does anyone know?   Thu Aug 12 2010, 12:10

Oh, right, I remember now from your other post that you use the sublingual drops. Is your syringe also meant for sublingual administration, or is it an injectible needle? I think your bottle should tell you how many IUs per ml are in it, and once you know how many drops per ml, you should be able to figure it out. Anyway, the dropper really isn't quite as exact but I still think it would be close enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.healthyhcg.com
sherry20629
forum member
forum member

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-08-17

PostSubject: Homeopathic dose not dependent on quantity   Tue Aug 17 2010, 17:37

Hi MichelleBelle,

In homeopathy, a dose is not dependent on the quantity given, because it's an energetic medicine, not a physical medicine. So really, you don't have to be worried about ml to drop ratio. (But I think that 30 drops is the norm, as someone else stated, just FYI) With drops, all you really need is one drop for your dose.

Best,
Sherry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MichelleBelle
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Burning Questions...Does anyone know?   Wed Aug 18 2010, 04:27

Thanks, but I'm not on homeopathic...I mix the 'real' thing for sublingual use.
Back to top Go down
sherry20629
forum member
forum member

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Burning Questions...Does anyone know?   Wed Aug 18 2010, 20:32

Oh, I thought I saw that you were using the HHCG, sorry for the confusion! heartflower heartflower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burning Questions...Does anyone know?   

Back to top Go down

Burning Questions...Does anyone know?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1