hCG Support Group

hCG weight loss support group

HomePortalGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Woo Hoo...finally losing again! I figured it out!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
stlcakelady
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2010-05-14

PostSubject: Woo Hoo...finally losing again! I figured it out!   Fri Jul 09 2010, 15:59

Ok, so I've been a die hard "stick to the original protocol" gal. UNTIL last week when I stalled all week. It really sucked. I was finishing my 4th week of R1P2 and I needed help! Geckotoes & Birdlady to the rescue. They helped me to see that I perhaps needed more protein. That's absolutely the key for me. I know I'm an adrenal type of person and I've done well before on a higher protein diet, so I thought...what is there to lose (except weight)? I cut out the breadsticks and fruit. Instead, I start the day with 4 egg whites (hard boiled...yolks removed). Then I eat lunch with either chicken, steak, burger or veal & a veggie (tomato or cucumber), afternoon snack is 4 more egg whites and dinner is one of the choices I didn't make for lunch. I'm not hungry like I have been for the first 4 weeks! Literally, I only wasn't hungry like 3 days of this whole diet. So, now, I'm happy and losing again. Got past the stall and am satisfied. Thanks again ladies! woo hoo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
birdlady

Number of posts : 3697
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Woo Hoo...finally losing again! I figured it out!   Sat Jul 10 2010, 10:24

I am happy you were able to break your stall and sooooo quickly!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mom*on*a*mission
forum member
forum member

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-07-10

PostSubject: Protein   Thu Aug 26 2010, 09:58

I'm going to try this. Every time I have done this diet (this is my 3rd time) I have been STARVING, lightheaded, and extremely weak. I do well with protein too. I've been suspecting I have low blood sugar actually since the birth of my son last year. Oh, and yesterday was my 2nd day on vlcd and I lost nothing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stlcakelady
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Woo Hoo...finally losing again! I figured it out!   Thu Aug 26 2010, 10:27

The egg whites really saved me. I'm on round 2 and I haven't been doing them. I would, though, if I started stalling. Just make sure not to eat the yolks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sherry20629
forum member
forum member

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-08-17

PostSubject: Thanks for sharing this!   Fri Oct 01 2010, 08:33

Thanks for sharing this, Stlcakelady. I'm going to try increasing my protein and cutting out grissini and fruit. Do you deduct the calories from the 500? I've been going crazy. What are you doing with the egg yolks? Will they keep in the freezer?

Sherry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stlcakelady
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Woo Hoo...finally losing again! I figured it out!   Fri Oct 01 2010, 10:06

Well...I did this on my first round of P2 because my losses were so slow. It really seemed to help with the hunger quite a bit too. I took the amount of calories I would have eaten with fruit and grissini and ate that number of calories in egg whites. You can go on fitday.com and see how many calories are in the fruits that you eat and the grissini is 20 cals (I think)...look on the box. Then see how many cals are in the egg whites and eat that amount. I ended up eating 4 hard boiled egg (only whites...threw away the yolk) for bfast, then I ate my meat and veggy at lunch and ate the other 4 egg whites in the afternoon and finished up with meat and veggy for dinner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sherry20629
forum member
forum member

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-08-17

PostSubject: Thanks    Fri Oct 01 2010, 12:02

Thanks for the info! I will start doing this. I have my eggs cooling as we speak. I usually try to eat lunch at 12:30. I put the eggs on to boil but was so ravenous at 11:00 that I decided to have my chicken.

Wow, you just toss the egg yolks? Eight eggs a day, it would be hard for me to just toss those ...$$..I guess nothing about this program is cheap though (except for the smaller meat portions...but I make up for that by buying more organic veggies and fruits)

I know you can freeze the yolks when they are fresh, I think I will buy one of those ceramic nonstick pans and cook the whites on that without oil so I can save the yolks.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
rxvickie
Forum Master
Forum Master

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Woo Hoo...finally losing again! I figured it out!   Sun Nov 14 2010, 16:36

Hey how about buying a carton of just egg whites from the supermarket. Then you don't have to worry about wasting the yokes... vickie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stlcakelady
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Woo Hoo...finally losing again! I figured it out!   Sun Nov 14 2010, 16:40

Eggs aren't actually on the protocol. I only did that my first round because my losses got so slow. I went to round 2 of the protocol and followed it exactly and did fine. I highly recommend doing the protocol the original way Dr. Simeons recommended.

I'm not sure about the egg white cartons. Do they mix anything in with it? At the time, eggs were pretty cheap (now the price is crazy) so I didn't mind the amount I was throwing away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rxvickie
Forum Master
Forum Master

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Woo Hoo...finally losing again! I figured it out!   Sun Nov 14 2010, 16:44

Yes they are just egg whites. nothing added. may be a bit easier. thanks for your information. vickie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woo Hoo...finally losing again! I figured it out!   

Back to top Go down

Woo Hoo...finally losing again! I figured it out!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1