View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
stlcakelady
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2010-05-14

PostSubject: Now I'm gaining...please help!   Sun Jul 04 2010, 06:05

Hopefully someone will read this and HELP!!! I thought I was on a plateau, UNTIL today. Now I've gained almost 1/2 a lb. and I don't know why. Nothing has changed. Any ideas? I'm getting very frustrated and I'm only on day 28 of P2. I posted another msg. under this section titled "Longer than 43 days" because I figured I wasn't going to lose enough in the allotted time, but now I'm gaining??? This is too much work to gain at this point. I'm drinking tons of water...more than I need. I'm breaking up my meals to eat throughout the day. Please help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
geckotoes
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 2641
Registration date : 2009-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Now I'm gaining...please help!   Sun Jul 04 2010, 08:18

It's difficult for me to say without knowing your medications or foods.

- How many pounds have you lost up to this point?

- You haven't changed lotions, have you? Or been handling fatty meats without gloves, such as preparing marination?

- Last round, my clinic was trying to troubleshoot a problem with a major stall. Thinking it might be water retention, they cut me back to 3 quarts of water a day. They have in the past also given me water release pills that they provide (for a price). Another remedy for water retention is doing an apple day. (At the end of eliminating alot of different things, they determined it to be a thyroid deficiency.)

- Do you have sore muscles from doing something you're not used to? That will cause water retention and is temporary. It will correct itself shortly, unlike if you had gained fat.

- There might be other possibilities that don't come to mind, but after eliminating these things, it could be your body preparing to eliminate some newly emptied fat cells. When your body uses stored fat for fuel, it empties fat cells. Eventually those cells fill with water and eventually the tissue is absorbed by the body and you get what's commonly referred to as a "big whoosh"!

- Oh, and watch that your salt/sodium intake hasn't changed.

Good luck overcoming this little hurdle!

Nowhere to go but DOWN!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
stlcakelady
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Now I'm gaining...please help!   Sun Jul 04 2010, 20:35

I've changed absolutely nothing! That's the problem. I really can't figure it out. I've been following the original protocol. I did notice that some people stalled from asparagus, tomatoes and sometimes apples. I do eat all of those things. But I've been losing with all of those things up until this point. I've lost 19 lbs in 3.5 weeks. Today I cut out the fruit altogether and replaced it with egg whites...up to the calorie count that the fruit would have been. We'll see what happens when I weigh in tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
geckotoes
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Now I'm gaining...please help!   Sun Jul 04 2010, 23:25

Now, when you say 19 lbs starting from your top weight following load days? That's a fair way of establishing what the HCG has done for you. That figures out to 0.775 lbs a day, which is right in mid-range for average. (0.5-1 lb daily is an average.)

I've only heard that asparagus is one of the more ideal veggies to have, but fruits can affect some people more strongly than others. Also, onions (especially cooked onions) and tomatoes are kinda high in the sugar range, relative to all the veggies available to us.

My clinic told me eggs are generally limited to vegetarians, but I can't see how it would hurt. I've seen some people do just fine by introducing a high-quality protein shake for a meal replacement. A generally accepted favorite is the Jay Robb whey protein product line. It's sweetened with stevia and is lean and has good flavors. It can be mixed with just water, to keep fat out of it. But I haven't seen anyone employ that method lately.

If you had been eating the fruit late in the day, like within 3 hours of bedtime, that would have been a problem I didn't think of before.

Did I mention an apple day? An apple day might help, but be aware that you will have some rebound effect. It helps you if you're retaining water but the good loss you get will be followed by a slight regain. You still end up with a net loss, though. My clinic said NOTHING to prepare me for the boomerang effect the 2nd day.

I will have my fingers crossed for you! please!

Nowhere to go but DOWN!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
birdlady

Number of posts : 3715
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Now I'm gaining...please help!   Mon Jul 05 2010, 08:44

Karen has given you lots of sound advice. There are articles posted on this forum about stalled weight or plateaus. Please read them. There is alot of valuable info in them.

Beef, with some people will cause the weight to stall. For me, I cannot have beef on this diet, nor can I have onions (esp Vidalia) as a veggie. Yet a thin slice of red onion as a garnish or onion powder is OK.

It is possible, that at one point in time you were at this weight for a long time. This could be a "set point" the hypoT remembers. Just keep in mind that hcg is resetting your hypoT and this is normal.

Even tho there may not be noticable results on the scale, how 'bout the inches? Some have noticed more inch reduction during the weight stall out. Keep in mind, the protocol is called Pounds and Inches.

Just keep doing what you are doing. Maybe not get on the scale for a few days or a week. For some reason, the scale game can affect our moods for the day. (We women are so emotional! )

Hang in there, if you can.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
stlcakelady
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Now I'm gaining...please help!   Mon Jul 05 2010, 09:58

Thank you both so much for the advice. I was afraid to try the apple day, but yesterday I replaced my fruit (which I normally eat in the morning and either before dinner, which is around 4, or right after dinner) with egg whites. It seemed to help because today I'm down .6. I'll try to stick with that for a while. On a side note, I posted about low potassium a few weeks ago because I got dizzy one day. I ended up making an appt. with my MD and told him about the diet, to which he just said, "hmm". I printed out the protocol and told him to read up on it. He did give a positive comment to the nurse by saying, "something must be working otherwise she wouldn't be able to walk down the hall on only 500 calories a day!" So that was good. I did tell him that I wanted to make sure my potassium levels were correct. I had the dizzy spell and I'm bruising like crazy. He told me that the supplements in the store are totally different than the stuff he can prescribe. He said they're not the same at all and the otc stuff is worthless...a different chemical compound that won't help. Thought that was interesting. I'm waiting to get the blood test results.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
geckotoes
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Now I'm gaining...please help!   Mon Jul 05 2010, 10:14

I'm glad you went to the doctor! It might be worth having them do a workup to analyze your thyroid function -- and NOT just the composite number, but to see how T3 level is and how T4 level is. It got to that point before my doctor was able to figure out that thyroid was the culprit.

Now I have suffered mild bouts of dizziness, nothing serious. Ever since I've been on this, bending over to garden, then standing up can make me a little woozy (not to the point of falling over, though) regardless whether I'm on P2 or P3. And now that you mention it, I have more visible bruises than usual. I just chalked it up to my dogs jumping on me. And one single injection I gave myself this round gave me about a 2" whopper of a bruise that's still visible. Think it's potassium? I figured it would level out now that I'm on P3.

Congratulations on the loss! woo hoo I had to raid the fridge last night, but I made it protein. I try never to eat fruit/carbs after about 4pm, considering I'm in bed by 10-11:30pm. way to go

Nowhere to go but DOWN!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jlparson87@yahoo.com
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: me too   Sun Oct 24 2010, 22:30

I gained .6 from yesterday to today...did u ever find a way to make this stop or figure out what we can do to strat losing again? I havent gained at all during p2 until today. Today is my 19th day I am trying to decide whether I want to do 30 or 45 days. I know I am going to be going through maitneance during thanksgiving which is going to be hard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now I'm gaining...please help!   

Back to top Go down

Now I'm gaining...please help!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1