hCG Support Group

hCG weight loss support group

HomePortalGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Help! Am I taking the right type of Potassium?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mindyjanelle
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 584
Registration date : 2010-04-14

PostSubject: Help! Am I taking the right type of Potassium?   Sat Apr 24 2010, 10:42

I've been taking a "potassium gluconate" supplement daily to help with the weak and light-headed feeling I've been experiencing. However yesterday I started to wonder about the 'gluconate'? I know glucose is a form of sugar, so what does gluconate mean? Does this contain sugar and should I not be taking it? I've looked at another pharmacy, but all I can find is the potassium gluconate.....is there another type I'm just not finding? I think I'll have to research this one. (I just don't want to be doing something I'm not supposed to, but I really feel like I need the extra potassium.)

What type do you other potassium users take? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VanishingWoman
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Help! Am I taking the right type of Potassium?   Wed May 26 2010, 16:01

Hey Mindy, very interesting questions.

First the difference between gluconate and glucose. The key to know if it is a sugar or not is the "ose" at the end - lactose, fructose, sucrose, dextrose, and so on. These are basically natural types of sugars. There are way more with different endings, but these are the more popular. This list does not include the chemically created artificial sweeteners.

Gluconate is basically salt and water or ester of glutamic acid - No sugar, you are safe there.

Next there are different types of potassium that do different things for us. Below are two links to explore:

http://www.ehow.com/facts_5607955_potassium-chloride-vs_-potassium-gluconate.html

http://www.ehow.com/about_4672948_what-does-potassium-gluconate-do.html

This tells you what gluconate is:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=Zoh&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&defl=en&q=define:Gluconate&ei=-3n9S6fMH4uKNZSt-d0H&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title&ved=0CBUQkAE

Hope this helps!!!

My Journal

Total losses using HCG 100lbs plus number on ticker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Help! Am I taking the right type of Potassium?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1