hCG Support Group

hCG weight loss support group

HomePortalGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Did you have slow losses? I've listed mine. Salt?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
morgiezmom
forum newbie
forum newbie

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Did you have slow losses? I've listed mine. Salt?   Mon Mar 29 2010, 08:03

Hello everyone! I've been lurking the board for a few days now. This is my first time to post. I'm starting to get discouraged. I know from reading the posts that a lot of people stall out. But, this is EIGHT days of nothing significant. I still have 30 lbs to go. I know that I'm going to have to do 2 rounds. But, I really need this to pick up. I haven't cheated once! I'm totally pure Dr. Simeons protocol.

Can anyone share their stories with me that went through something similar and then the happy ending? I'm going to keep plugging away. But, I really need some encouragement.

Also, I'm a heavy salter. But, I drink about 125 oz of water a day. Does salt play a role? It didn't seem to matter in the begininng.

VLCD Day 21 +.4
VLCD day 20 -.8 TOM & Halfway Through P2! (16.8 lb...
VLCD DAy 19 +.4 TOM
VLCD Day 18 -.4 TOM
VLCD Day 17 -.2
VLCD Day 16 (0)
VLCD Day 15 -.4 (-15.8 total)
VLCD Day 14 -.2
VLCD Day 13 (0)
VLCD Day 12 - 1.4
VLCD Day 11 -.5
VLCD Day 10 1 -1.8
VLCD Day 9 +.2
VLCD Day 8 (0)
VLCD Day 7 -1.4
VLCD Day 6 -1.2
VLCD Day 5 -1.3
VLCD Day 4 -1.1
VLCD Day 3 -2.2
VLCD Day 2 - 4.6
Back to top Go down
View user profile
geckotoes
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 2641
Registration date : 2009-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Did you have slow losses? I've listed mine. Salt?   Mon Mar 29 2010, 10:17

Hello, and welcome!

It can be deceiving how fast the pounds come off at first! The overall average for females is roughly .5 to 1 lb a day. Stress the word "average". It's seldom a steady decline.

Salt just may be a culprit. Are you doing this through a clinic? Did they recommend switching to sea salt? I would make that change immediately! At least retaining fluid from salt is not the same as retaining fat pounds! I love my salt, too, but I have just cut back all I can. I'm not going to completely give it up, but I do try to use sea salt 100% of the time.

Any other meds or vitamins that you take?

Your overall loss sounds just great, and within a typical range, I'd say!

Nowhere to go but DOWN!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
morgiezmom
forum newbie
forum newbie

PostSubject: Re: Did you have slow losses? I've listed mine. Salt?   Mon Mar 29 2010, 11:08

Karen, thanks for the advice. It's ironic because I actually was reading about salt on the internet last night and just got back from the store with my new (and very expensive) himalayan salt. I hope that it makes a difference. I have been using kosher salt.

This video in this link has a lot of interesting information about salt. http://products.mercola.com/himalayan-salt/

I'm not sure how much I believe about the "energy" mumbo jumbo. But, I just assumed that the salt I was using was all natural and not chemically processed. Who knew! This diet has really pointed out how much junk has been added to all of the foods that we consume. I've started researching the raw food diets and whole food diets (we are basically eating whole foods right now anyway). I'm just shocked at all the junk that I was putting into my body. I'll be happy to get to P3 so that I can start making green smoothies.

I'm not doing this through a clinic. I bought my drops off www.diyhcg.com. And, I've quit all medicines except the probiotic that I recently started taking. I haven't even taken asprin. And wow, I had a HUGE migraine the first week. I thought that I was going to diet. But, I quit A LOT of things at one time. I went on the HCG diet, quite caffinee, smoking and drinking way too much. So, my body went into a pretty extreme detox. I'm an all-or-nothing-girl! I've been wanting to make big changes for a while. I really went all out... huh?

I'd for sure be interested in hearing advice from everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
geckotoes
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Did you have slow losses? I've listed mine. Salt?   Mon Mar 29 2010, 11:50

I think the Himalayan salt is good stuff! Dr Oz has good things to say about it. Somewhere, I believe I read that sea salt contains potassium, which should neutralize some of the effects of the salt (e.g., hypertension, water retention).

I have prepaid for my 3rd and 4th rounds of HCG through the clinic, but I intend to go it on my own after that -- provided I can find quality HCG supplies. And it sounds like yours works wonderfully!

morgiezmom wrote:
This diet has really pointed out how much junk has been added to all of the foods that we consume.

You've got that right! I am such a cheapskate that I can't quite bring myself to buying organic in everything. But I have a garden this year and plan to shop heavily at the farmer's market once it starts up. I hope I can count on that stuff to be organic,...

Ooh! The headache certainly could have been the abrupt halt of caffeine, cold turkey. I'm the all-or-nothing type, too,...but caffeine has to be eliminated gradually. Now, my clinic does not limit me on coffee, but I generally self limit to 12 oz daily.

Check and see if the probiotics deliver a sufficient amount of calcium! I am supposed to take about 1500mg of coral calcium -- it is an important component to aiding weight loss.

Big changes, indeed! But good ones, to be sure! You're doing great!

Nowhere to go but DOWN!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
morgiezmom
forum newbie
forum newbie

PostSubject: Re: Did you have slow losses? I've listed mine. Salt?   Fri Apr 02 2010, 00:22

I lost 2.2 lbs today and judging from my weight tonight more lbs are coming off tomorrow! I have no idea if it's the salt. But, I'm for sure going to continue using it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
geckotoes
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Did you have slow losses? I've listed mine. Salt?   Fri Apr 02 2010, 10:37

That's great news! I'd say, until you find information to the contrary, just keep doin' what you're doin'!

Great job!
a-ok

Nowhere to go but DOWN!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did you have slow losses? I've listed mine. Salt?   

Back to top Go down

Did you have slow losses? I've listed mine. Salt?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1