Share | 

Potassium - It Does a Body Good!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
birdlady

Number of posts : 3711
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Potassium - It Does a Body Good!   Sat Dec 12 2009, 19:36

All too may times on hcg, I have felt dizzy or lightheaded, weak or tired. If you have felt this too, you may be coming up short on potassium.

My first question is, are you salting your foods? Table salt to begin with is a no-no and it is bad for you.

See this link:
http://www.hcgsupportgroup.com/foodstuffs-f49/truth-about-salt-t659.htm?highlight=salt

I have read that potassium neutralizes the effect sodium has on the system. This is excellent for your heart. Apples are rich in potassium and enzymes as with ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar). Potassium is to soft tissues as calcium is to the bones. It is also the mineral of youthfulness and it is the "artery softener", keeping them soft and resilient. It helps fight bacteria, viruses and helps dissolve fat.

Hence the old saying, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away".

Potassium is also a key mineral in the constellation of minerals. Most people are potassium deficient.

Body signs of Potassium Deficiency:
1. Bone & muscle aches and paines, especially lower back.
2. The body feels heavy, tired and it's an effort to move.
3. Shooting pains when straightening up after leaning over.
4. Dizziness upon straightening up after leaning over.
5. Morning dull headaches upon rising and when stressed.
6. Dull, faded-lookin hair that lack shine and luster.
7. The scalp is itchy and dry. Dandruff, premature hair thinning or balding may occur.
8. The hair is unmanageable, mats, often looks straw-like, and is sometimes extremely dry and other times oily.
9. The eyes itch, feel sore and uncomfortable and appear bloodshot wan watery. Also, eyelids may be granulated with white matter.
10. The eyes tire easily and will not focus as they should.
11. You tire physically and mentally with the slightest effort.
12. Loss of mental alertness and onset of confusion, making decisions difficult. The memory fails, making you forget familiar names and places you should easily remember.
13. You become easily irritable and impatient with family, friends and loved ones and even with your business and social aquaintances.
14. You feel nervous, depressed, in a mental fog, and have difficulty getting things done due to mental and muscle fatigue. Even the sightest effort can leave you exhausted, upset and trembling.
15. At times your hands and feet get chilled, even in warm weather.

Potassium deficency is a proven contributing cause of may illnesses, including: arthritis, kidney stones, atrial fibrillation, adrenal insufficiency, celiac disease, high blood pressure, coronary disease, ulcerative colitis, hypothyroidism, irritable bowel syndrom, Alzheimer's disease, multiple sclerosis, myasthenia gravis, Crohn's disease, lupus, atherosclerosis, diabetes and stroke.

As a general rule of thumb, you need 2x's the sodium intake. Example: if you eat a total of 400mg of sodium (also naturally occuring in foods, so look at the labels) then you need 800 mg of potassium. Do not exceed 1500mg per day.

And, try to stay away from the cheap table salt and use the good salt sparingly during P2.

As I find more info on Potassium, I will add it later.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sunflower

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Potassium   Mon Dec 28 2009, 11:52

My goodness...your post was unbelievably informative. Thank you. I truly have a potassium deficiency and never knew it. I am running to my local organic store and pick some up today. Thank you for the informative post! Thank you, Thank you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mumzeeee -Diabetic on hCG

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Potassium - It Does a Body Good!(part of the 3 UM's)   Mon Dec 28 2009, 23:14

That is FANTASTIC info!!! I encourage the 3 UM's: Potassium, Magnesium & Calcium. They have helped in SO many ways! Many of them listed above. cooldude

In HIS Service,
Mumzee
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Mumzeeee
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Potassium - It Does a Body Good!   

Back to top Go down

Potassium - It Does a Body Good!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1