View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kristy58
forum newbie
forum newbie

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: menses started back up by hcg??   Fri Aug 14 2009, 21:38

I have a condition called polycystic ovarian syndrome and have never really had regular mentrual cycles. I do however have a history of ectopic pregnancies so my doctor gave me an IUD 3 years ago. One of the pleasant side effects of the IUD is no period whatsoever. That is until my 2nd month on HCG drops. Now I've got the full cycle, pms and all, and I hate it. I know that any weight loss of 15% or so of your body weight might trigger return of absent menses but I thought with an IUD that wouldn't be the case. My boyfriend said to me "well, it is a pregnancy hormone, I think your body is trying to get pregnant" and I'm wondering how right is he? Is it the hormone? Is it the weight loss? Is it going to go away??? lol. This is my first post here and I thank you for any response I might get about this.
Kristy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
birdlady

Number of posts : 3715
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: menses started back up by hcg??   Fri Aug 14 2009, 23:23

Kristy, I not really sure if I can give you the right answer. I do know that hcg is a natural female hormone. It can do different things to different women. It is possible that it is causing you to have bleeding, overriding the IUD. I do not know much about them, other than as a contrceptive.

If you do bleed, stop the hcg while the blood is bright red, usually for a few days. Then resume the injections when the color becomes darker. Make note of your bleeding cycle.

I have not had TOM for four years. However, being on the hcg has slowed down the hot flashes I get and on occasion, there is just a wee bit of pink from "there".

Yes this is a pregnacy hormone, but, if you did a pregnancy test, it will show positive, even though you are not.

I do not know if it will go away. You may be that way while you are on the hcg. After that, it takes a few weeks to "normal" out again.

Sorry for the unpleasant monthly side effects.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kristy58
forum newbie
forum newbie

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: menses started back up by hcg??   Sat Aug 15 2009, 10:24

thanks for your quick reply! I am not on injections, but rather drops from my dr... I did it for 3 months, cheated so much in my third that I decided to take a break and I've actually been off for 6 weeks. I'm considering one or two more months but this concerns me. I know that must sound selfish to women that deal with it every month and have no choice! lol. I guess I've been spoiled never really having a TOM. (I learned a new acronym... thanks!)

Things to think about.... hmmm..... thanks for your thoughts and have a wonderful weekend!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: menses started back up by hcg??   

Back to top Go down

menses started back up by hcg??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1