Share | 

total stall

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
moquinoir

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: total stall   Wed Jun 10 2009, 10:28

OK guys. I now need either reassurance or some definite advice. And I apologize ahead of time for all the questions.
I have been at the same weight for a week, within a 1 lb. range. I only have ten days of injections to go and really wanted to eliminate at least 7 more pounds on this round - heck, I'd be happy with 5. What to do? I tried an apple day, which was a total disaster. I had blood sugar spikes through the roof and was ravenous all day. I ended up eating some protein in the afternoon so I wouldn't start munching everything in sight. I know this is supposed to break on its own, but it sure is discouraging and I'm definitely wavering in my determination. I mean, wow, 500 calories a day and not losing at all!! Inches have remained the same too.
I probably need to say that I will be within 5 lbs of my "ideal" weight if I can lost 7 more (at least according to my doctor). I personally would like to shed 15 more from where I am now. I know that the last 10 or so can be difficult. Could this be the reason? And also, what happens if I end up within said 5 or 10 lbs? Do I do another round?
Help! Has anyone else had a plateau that has lasted a whole week and did it eventually break?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goslin
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 602
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: total stall   Wed Jun 10 2009, 10:35

I had a plateau for about 2 wks. During that time, I did have one weigh in that went down, but the next day it was back up. I did not do an apple day, what I did was up'd my protein and a touch of fat. I cooked with CO, I ate steak and broccoli, and I had a small side salad with 2 tbs of real dressing. After that, I just continued with the extra protein. It kept the stall gone, and I lost another 8 lbs.

My sis did the same thing. She stayed the same weight for a week (she was within her last 10 lbs), and she broke it by adding more protein. I think she went up to 300 grams per day.

She is taking a break until July 14th, then coming back for a short round. She has 5 lbs left to lose.

I would think that if you have 5-10 lbs left, you should come back and do another round if you want.

Short Term Goal:

Long Term Goal:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
moquinoir

PostSubject: total stall   Fri Jun 12 2009, 14:32

Here it is - actually 2 full weeks - with not a drop in weight. I can't believe 500 meager calories with no results waaaah I've upped the protein, even had diarrhea for the last two days and I actually went up .6 lbs overnight!!! I'm also drinking the required water each day and a little more yesterday because of the bowel problem.
At this point I have 10 lbs to go and only 9 more doses of hcg. My doc won't give me anymore with that little to go so--------------you are on the homeopathic drops, right Mo? If all else fails, I'll finish this p2, slip into p3 and 4 and then we'll see about trying a different approach. Looks as though the drops have worked for you so maybe they'll work for me too. Maybe even on the 23 day round as I lost the majority of the weight in the first 20 days. Any advice?
Cheryl
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goslin
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: total stall   Fri Jun 12 2009, 14:40

Cheryl - how many days total have you been on protocol? What is your weight and height? Have you done you fat%, lean body mass? You may be gaining muscle and losing fat.

Yes, homeopathic has worked great for me. I have not used the injectable.

You body may be telling you that you need a break or that you have reached your low fat level.

Don't freak. Homeopathic is always available.

Short Term Goal:

Long Term Goal:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
moquinoir

PostSubject: total stall   Fri Jun 12 2009, 14:51

Thanks for the quick reply, Mo. I am 5'2" and now weigh 129 lbs. I started at 144 lbs and my doc says he wants me down to about 120-122 lbs. Today is my 30th day on hcg. I started out on sublingual and he just switched me to the injectible this past Monday thinking it would break the stall. He also had me up the protein (much as you did). Still not moving.
I'll be honest with you, this past 4 weeks have been ****! I love to cook and I love to eat, yet I think ultimately a low carb lifestyle will suit me just fine. I just need a little oil in my salad dressing and some extra veggies and I'll be fine. Oh, and I crave eggs winking I'm pretty much following the Simeon's protocol to the letter (except for the extra protein).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
moquinoir

PostSubject: total stall   Fri Jun 12 2009, 14:54

Oh, I forgot, and these numbers are from the start weight of 144 lbs.
My BMI was 27
My body fat percentage was 37.8%, which leaves me with what (?) about 88 lbs lean body mass.
I don't know how to update these numbers, the doc's office did the original start numbers.
Cheryl
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goslin
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: total stall   Fri Jun 12 2009, 14:58

I know you really want to get the last 10 lbs off, but why don't you go ahead and take a break. It seems like your body is telling you to do so. Even if you only take 7-10 days off, then start up with homeopathic for a 23 day round. Add some yummy fats into your diet for the next week. You might will gain a few pounds, but it may very well kick off the loss of those last few pounds.

Just a suggestion.

BTW - one of my favorite dishes on P2 and P3:

1 whole egg, 2 egg whites
1 individual container of cottage cheese (low fat, not no fat)

Beat the ingredients together, add a little salt and pepper.

Use a teaspoon or so of coconut oil in a 5-7 inch skillet. Once the oil is good and hot, pour the beaten eggs in the skillet. Once it is in, cover the top with cinnamon, put a top on the skillet, turn the heat down to medium. Cut up 5-7 strawberries, put a little truvia/splenda/stevia on them, and cover with almond milk.

I absolutely love this. I don't usually eat any veggies with this, but the eggs and fruit. Yummmmy!

I also, usually lose the next day.

Short Term Goal:

Long Term Goal:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goslin
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: total stall   Fri Jun 12 2009, 15:04

Here is a website with calculators. Go through them and look to see what the numbers come up.

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/lbm

Short Term Goal:

Long Term Goal:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
moquinoir

PostSubject: total stall   Fri Jun 12 2009, 15:14

Thank you for the yummy sounding recipe. I thought I couldn't have eggs and cottage cheese during p2, so I've been whining a lot. lol!
I think you're right. My body wants to stop right now, but I may just try to finish this round since the injections are already made up for me and I am being doctor monitored. He is really encouraging the complete 40/43 day round. Then I will definitely take a break for a while and then go for the homeopathic if need be.
Thanks again, Mo. BTW, you are doing great!
Cheryl
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kut2000

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-01-20

PostSubject: Re: total stall   Wed Jan 20 2010, 18:01

Goslin wrote:
I had a plateau for about 2 wks. ...what I did was up'd my protein and a touch of fat. I cooked with CO, I ate steak and broccoli, and I had a small side salad with 2 tbs of real dressing. After that, I just continued with the extra protein. It kept the stall gone, and I lost another 8 lbs.

Did you do this for just one day?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rxvickie
Forum Master
Forum Master

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: total stall   Thu Mar 04 2010, 12:25

This recipe sounds so good. When do you know its done? thanks vickie
Back to top Go down
View user profile