View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
frogla
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-05-21

PostSubject: Meals on P2   Sun May 31 2009, 10:40

Is it true that you can NOT eat the same meal twice. For example, if I have beef, lettuce, an apple for lunch then I have to do something different for dinner like chicken, spinach, and 1/2 grapefruit? Or can we eat the same thing for lunch and for dinner?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goslin
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 602
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Meals on P2   Sun May 31 2009, 14:50

I think Dr. S. wanted up to have a variety each day. What I do most days, is what ever I fix for dinner, I will have for lunch the next day.

It seems that many people are bad about only having a few things and not much variety and they get bored.

Of course, it also helps to keep the calories mixed up. For ex. beef has more calories than fish. Beef and fish are a good combination for the day to help keep calories in line.

Short Term Goal:

Long Term Goal:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frogla
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

PostSubject: Re: Meals on P2   Mon Jun 01 2009, 13:54

Thanks for the input. Yesterday I mixed the calories, by having chicken, cucumbers, and a small apple for lunch and then @ dinner I had beef, romaine lettuce, and 1/2 small grapefruit and lost .6oz this morning so that's okay. I wasn't mixing the calories up so I wonder if that's why I gained 2oz on Sunday and haven't been losing much these past few days.

Also, what kind of fish do you like to use? Is talapia or salmon okay?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
grammasmitty

Number of posts : 3239
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Meals on P2   Mon Jun 01 2009, 18:28

Both of those are fine, but you have to be careful with the salmon. Treat it more like chicken or beef as far as calories. It has quite a bit of fat in it. I use water pack tuna, too, the whole small can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frogla
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

PostSubject: Re: Meals on P2   Tue Jun 02 2009, 11:05

So I changed up my calories and I lost more than a lb last night so somethings working again. Thanks for the help.

Have you noticed that the scale is going down but there is still fat everywhere. I'm not obese @ 120.2lbs @ 5'5" but I don't see that much of the fat is gone just the number change. Is that normal?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
grammasmitty

Number of posts : 3239
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Meals on P2   Tue Jun 02 2009, 12:45

At that height and weight, you probably don't have a lot of visible surface fat. I imagine there are some layers deeper that you are not even aware of. Watch the measurements and how your clothes are fitting. You are probably doing some re-sculpting, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlohaUniversal
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2011-02-23

PostSubject: Canned chicken, canned asparagus & canned crab   Wed Feb 23 2011, 11:20

I saw the earlier post about the water packed canned tuna - so, I'm wondering about the same for chicken, asparagus & crab?

e.g. when brownbagging at a workshop (e.g. no cooking avail, perhaps no fridge... & I don't trust crab in a cooler here in Hawai'i)... Would the canned versions work? Or would they slow down my loss?

Thanks.

PS I was surprised that salmon was OKed. I thought that was off limits in the beginning, due to high fat content. Please clarify. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tleakey
forum newbie
forum newbie

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Meals on P2   Thu Aug 25 2011, 13:12

Quote :
PS I was surprised that salmon was OKed. I thought that was off limits in the beginning, due to high fat content. Please clarify. Thanks
!

Salmon is NOT allowed in P2. I ate Swai (because I thought it was a white fish) i gained one pound and did not lose for 3 days, i was worried, then looked up Swai to find out that it is an Asian Catfish which is not allowed on P2. After that i am not eating any fish that is not written in the "can have" of P2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meals on P2   

Back to top Go down

Meals on P2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1