View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cher
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Journal Ettiquette?   Mon Nov 26 2007, 13:42

Wouldn't it be nice, IF when posting in someone's Journal, we would actually ADDRESS the person whose Journal it IS? doh 5

I mean, yes, the gabfest is great; group and talking about yourself is good too... whistle just remember..

Shouldn't we Actually Address the person whose journal it IS if we're going to post there? pray 3

I've just noticed this a lot lately with so many new folks, and thought I'd comment.
:christmas:
THANKS!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
CURRENT Loss Chart  
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaleyjay_05
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Journal Ettiquette?   Tue Nov 27 2007, 10:01

...huh?? I don't really get it? What do you mean like if i someone was posting in my journal then they should start off by saying "Dear Kaley" (well you get what i mean) ... If someone is posting in MY journal then wouldnt it just so happen that they might be talking to ME, since its MY journal?? Although yeah other people do write to eachother in my journal and others journals because conversations do get started and thats fine by me. And Im always smart enough to realise when they arent talking to me because they may be answering someone elses question or post that was brought up in my journal.. So i didnt really get if that was what you meant or if im totally off here..?? THANKS!!!! :wink 4:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cher
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Journal Ettiquette?   Tue Nov 27 2007, 11:05

Hmmm.. well, you make a point,Kaylee! :D

However.. SOMEtimes.. people just get carried away talking and it's not even about the journal-er. (or journalers topic, per se) Many times I've had to 'go back' just to see WHO'S journal it IS, because I'll usually go to the last page, and work my way back to where I left off. (Is this making sense yet??) uhoh

ANYWAY.. we have so many other places to have long conversations ON TOPICS that are listed on the home page.. I dunno.. It just seems rude to me when the JOURNAL's thread gets soooo deteriorated with conversation that it no longer has ANYTHING to do with the person it belongs to or what THEY were discussing.

Am I making sense yet??? crazy

And No, Kayley... many times people AREN'T talking to the journaler. They are carrying on an independent conversation completely disregarding the JOURNALers questions, topic, or intention. Sorry.. but that's what I've seen. I KNOW no one is doing this on purpose.. I just think a little more consideration/thought might be warranted, a little more often, that's all.

(Whew... ) doh 5 doh 5

EDIT: HEY.. I KNOW..... it's my hcg kicking in... PMS!!!! laugh 4 laugh 4 laugh 4 (I'm 54.... get it?? :):))

CURRENT Loss Chart  
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaleyjay_05
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Journal Ettiquette?   Tue Nov 27 2007, 11:24

Ha yeah it makes sense now.. I guess I just didnt get it because no one really does such in my journal- to the extent that it makes me aggrivated.. There have been a couple times that a conversation stemmed from something I had origionally posted, but I thought it was ok. I enjoy reading peoples posts even if they arent directly to me... Its just not that big a deal to me I guess..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cher
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Journal Ettiquette?   Tue Nov 27 2007, 11:31

Actually. ... it wasnt' to ME either... It's just that now I've had to EXPLAIN it more; it's taken on a 'life of it's own' !!! lol! laugh 4 :lol 3:

What a dork!! :wink 4: :wink 4: *rolls eyes at self* YES.. "Stemming" is GOOD, because it's still on topic! rolling

Just something I noticed that was REALLY taking a lot of time to read through and recheck the 'author' and their intention!! etc, etc. etc. ONLY in JOURNALS does this seem to really matter. I know we're all gonna be chatty.. after all it IS a discussion forum...... :shock: :oops:

I just think it would be NICE if we could ALL be a little more MINDFUL. I"ve been GUILTY TOO.. affraid BUT.. I DO try to keep in mind the thread I'm in when posting.

Ooooooooohhhhhh... Pooh.... I don't care anymore... I LOST 2.2 lbs. today... A RECORD for me!! cheering :cheers: (SEE?? Heeeere's how it begins... we're talking about ursruping a thread, adn NOW this will turn into the 'congratulations' conversation!! laugh 4 laugh 4 laugh 4 ) OR maybe not, now that I've made everyone mad!! laugh 4 laugh 4

ANYWAY...see I think you see my point.

CURRENT Loss Chart  
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sofarsogood

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Journal Ettiquette?   Tue Nov 27 2007, 18:30

:funny post: You are too funny!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EweWho
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Journal Ettiquette?   Tue Nov 27 2007, 20:45

I agree with SFSG. Cher, you are too funny.

OK, being a fence-rider here... I agree with you Cher. It would be nice if the person would address the person (if it is someone other than the owner of the journal) by name. When you are trying to catch up on the thread it really makes it hard to understand the subject when someone is replying to something that caught their eye and it has nothing to do with what the owner is journaling about. Like you, I start on the last page and work my way back. Boy, this gets confusing.

That's where the use of quoting the person your are responding to comes in handy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EweWho
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Journal Ettiquette?   Tue Nov 27 2007, 20:45

Oh, and congratulations on the record loss!cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaleyjay_05
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Journal Ettiquette?   Tue Nov 27 2007, 22:34

HA yeah congrats on the loss!! haha this is how it begins.. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cher
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Journal Ettiquette?   Wed Nov 28 2007, 11:53

EweWho wrote:
I agree with SFSG. Cher, you are too funny.

It would be nice if the person would address the person (if it is someone other than the owner of the journal) by name. When you are trying to catch up on the thread it really makes it hard to understand the subject when someone is replying to something that caught their eye and it has nothing to do with what the owner is journaling about. Like you, I start on the last page and work my way back. Boy, this gets confusing.

That's where the use of quoting the person your are responding to comes in handy.

YES!!!!!!! What SHE said!!

(Thank God we have at least ONE good 'technical writer' around here!!) :cheers:

CURRENT Loss Chart  
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Georgiagirl

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2007-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Journal Ettiquette?   Mon Jan 07 2008, 07:17

cher wrote:
Wouldn't it be nice, IF when posting in someone's Journal, we would actually ADDRESS the person whose Journal it IS? doh 5

I mean, yes, the gabfest is great; group and talking about yourself is good too... whistle just remember..

Shouldn't we Actually Address the person whose journal it IS if we're going to post there? pray 3

I've just noticed this a lot lately with so many new folks, and thought I'd comment.
:christmas:
THANKS!

I agree

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wIFTahC/]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Journal Ettiquette?   

Back to top Go down

Journal Ettiquette?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1