AuthorMessage
Amber
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 676
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Why do you stop?   Tue Nov 13 2007, 22:52

Hi everyone,
I'm just trying to understand why you stop the injections during your period? Is it so you don't waste the hcg because with or without it you won't lose weight?
I don't get why you wouldn't lose weight if you are still eating the 500 calories and the hcg is still in your system...and would you be starving after a few days of missed injections? I just don't get the science of the issue. :hunger:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
plumprump
forum newbie
forum newbie

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: good question...   Tue Nov 13 2007, 23:02

i was wondering the same thing.

anyone have an answer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
grammasmitty

Number of posts : 3239
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Why do you stop?   Wed Nov 14 2007, 00:58

I know that during menses you usually hold water and don't lose weight. Also, the hcg can cause more intense cramping. Also, you can do without the hcg for those days and shouldn't get hungry staying on 500 cals. I think there is more, but can't remember now. It is very late and my eyes are burning. :sunny:

P2 Journal
Successful P3 Journal My Current Leptin Plan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deadare
forum member
forum member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Why do you stop?   Wed Nov 14 2007, 12:05

Here is what Dr. S says about meses: I personally think it is because the hormones produced during this time mimic pregnancy and you are not hungry during this time. I just stopped for one day, as I took my shot and then started, had severe cramps, but not all day, so I did not take the shot the following day,and was not hungry at all! I did resume the next day, as I usually have short cycles. I did not have cramping at day 3.

Menstruation
During menstruation no injections are given, but the diet is continued and causes no hardship; yet as soon as the menstruation is over, the patients become extremely hungry unless the injections are resumed at once. It is very impressive to see the suffering of a woman who has continued her diet for a day or two beyond the end of the period without coming for her injection and then to hear the next day that all hunger ceased within a few hours after the injection and to see her once again content, florid and cheerful. While on the question of menstruation it must he added that in teenaged girls the period may in some rare cases be delayed and exceptionally stop altogether. If then later this is artificially induced some weight may be regained.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amber
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Why do you stop?   Wed Nov 14 2007, 18:07

Hmm, strange stuff. Maybe if you get your period and your body (kinda) thinks it is pregnant it goes nutty. I dunno. I'm not planning on taking the injections when I get mine, but I really hope I continue to lose weight!! Anyone ever lose while Aunt Flo was in town?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beeorlando
forum newbie
forum newbie

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Why do you stop?   Wed Nov 14 2007, 19:43

Hi! I'm a member on another forum and they had a similar discussion going on. Here's is what one of them had to say:

The only reason that they say not to take the shots during TOM, is becasue there is an increased risk of pregnancy, as the HCG makes you more fertile.... if pregnany isn't an issue or possiblity, then you can continue injections, just as you normally would.... I personally stopped injections, because I am 24 and very fertile, and didn't want to risk pregnancy!! So its all up to you!
Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
grammasmitty

PostSubject: Re: Why do you stop?   Wed Nov 14 2007, 19:54

Once a period begins, the egg is already gone. hcg does help with fertilization, but it is for egg production and implantation of a fertilized egg. In this case, there is nothing to implant, whether there is hcg or not. Once the period begins, it is just too late. This is the one question Dr. S didn't address in his book. We may never now HIS reasons. So, on this topic, the decision whether to inject or not must be a personal choice based on speculation by all of us amatures :sunny:

P2 Journal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amber
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

PostSubject: Re: Why do you stop?   Sun Nov 25 2007, 11:51

Its strange, the few days before I got it, I didn't lose any weight, and then when I got it the scale started moving again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cher
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Why do you stop?   Thu Dec 06 2007, 08:54

As a MENOPAUSAL woman (I THOUGHT).. :):).. I was caught OUT of TOWN, away from the internet and this forum and started my Period on day 14 of P2R2!!!

I stopped inj. on day 3 and I can vouch for the cramping.. stomach included with some SERIOUS bowel movements. Seems I had my own version of 'clensing'!!

I agree w/Linda's comments. My BM's might have been my own fault due to eating normally instead of continuing the VLCD. However, now that I'm home, online and KNOW better, I will likely take a bit more calories due to a tendacy toward enemia.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
CURRENT Loss Chart  
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shlee0506
forum newbie
forum newbie

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Why do you stop?   Sun Mar 16 2008, 01:16

Are you supposed to stop taking the HCG if you are on the OraThin pills?

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."
-Jeremiah 29:11
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/shlizzle05
Creative Goddess
forum newbie
forum newbie

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Why do you stop?   Fri Mar 21 2008, 13:28

smile jump I haven't started P2 yet. I'm waiting for my shipment to arrive. I've ordered from two places; dd.ca and hcgkits.com. I haven't received either...Now for the menses issue I am planning to stay on HCG when it arrives. I've been on several forums and some have continued with HCG w/o any problems...I'm so excited to start!

women cheer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
grammasmitty

PostSubject: Re: Why do you stop?   Fri Mar 21 2008, 14:35

We are so thrilled to have you here!!! Hope you start a journal and tell us about yourself :clapping 2: pink welcom welcome group women cheer

P2 Journal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miper
forum newbie
forum newbie

Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Why do you stop?   Tue Apr 01 2008, 07:27

This is what my Doctor (who introduced me to this protocol) wrote me after asking this same question.

"After more reading, I believe that HCG shots during your period can keep your ovaries producing progesterone longer than you need. So just like we stop progesterone supplements when your period starts, you should stop the shots during your period."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do you stop?   

Back to top Go down

Why do you stop?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1